Dog Medical Diseases – Heart Failure
Temporary overload of the heart is the most common cause of acute heart failure, such as a long-term leisure dog who exercises suddenly and vigorously, and the infusion rate is too fast or too much in the treatment of diseases, especially drugs that have strong irritation to the myocardium (such as Calcium preparations). Heart failure is often secondary to certain diseases, such as canine parvovirus disease, toxoplasmosis and myocarditis, various toxic diseases, chronic endocarditis, chronic nephritis and so on.
(1) Acute heart failure The dog is highly dyspnea, pulse frequency, weak and irregular. Unwilling to move, cyanosis of the mucous membrane, distended veins. Often suddenly fell to the ground with convulsions and convulsions. Pulmonary edema is often complicated, and foamy nasal fluid flows from the nostrils on both sides.
(2) Chronic heart failure The disease progresses slowly, and the course of the disease can last for months or years. The sick dog is depressed. Unwilling to exercise, a little exercise will lead to fatigue and difficulty breathing. Visible mucosal cyanosis. Body surface veins are distended, symmetrical edema often occurs in the extremities, and it is pinched and powdery on palpation. It is non-heat and painless. The pulse is short and the heart sounds are weakened. Heart murmurs and arrhythmia are often heard.
Mainly based on the cause of the disease, systemic blood circulation disorders, symptoms aggravate after a little exercise, especially changes in heart sounds and pulse. A comprehensive analysis can be used to confirm the diagnosis.
(1) Strengthen nursing. Dogs with acute heart failure should immediately rest quietly and stop all training and operations. Give food that is easy to digest and absorb. For dogs that have difficulty breathing, oxygen should be given immediately.
(2) Enhancing myocardial contractility For dogs with acute heart failure, fast-acting and highly effective cardiotonic agents should be used for first aid.
Digitalis injection is commonly used. The dosage is 0.006～0.012 mg/kg body weight, and the full dose is injected intravenously (a sufficient dose is applied in a short time to make it play a full effect, this dose is called the full dose ). The maintenance amount is 1/10 of the full effect amount. For more severe and urgent cases. Inject 1/2 of the full effect for the first time, and then inject 1/10 of the full effect every two hours to reach the full effect (the indication is that the heart condition is improved, the heart rate slows down to near normal, and the urine output increases). Give a maintenance amount once a day. The duration of the maintenance dose depends on the condition, and Generally takes 1 to 2 weeks or more. Toxicin K can be effective in 3 to 10 minutes after intravenous injection, and reach the maximum effect in 1 to 2 hours, and can be maintained for 10 to 12 hours. The dosage for dogs is 0.25 to 0.5 mg/time, with glucose solution or saline. After diluting 10-20 t imes, slowly intravenous injection. If necessary, repeat once with a small dose after 2 to 4 hours. In addition, Huangjiaoside, 0.08～0.18 mg/time for dogs, diluted 10～20 times with glucose solution and then slowly injected intravenously. Cardiof glycosides, dog 0.25～0.5 mg, diluted 10～20 times with glucose injection, followed by slow intravenous injection at 6～12 hours intervals, 3～4 times, all have good curative effect.
(3) Reduce 0-visceral load. For dogs with cardiac edema, water and sodium retention, water and salt intake should be appropriately restricted, and appropriate diuretics, such as dihydrogen urinary plug (0.025～0.1 g/time, 1～2 times a day) ), furosemide 5 mg/kg body weight·times. Take 1 to 2 times a day, consecutively for 2 to 3 days), etc., have a good effect.