How to judge cat depression?
The cat loses interest in playing and is not interested in snacks and toys; the cat loses energy, gets tired easily, loses energy, and likes to hide in hard-to-find places; stops combing the hair, which looks messy; or excessive combing, resulting in the appearance of skin Inflammation; it can be judged that the cat is depressed.
How to judge cat depression
1. The cat loses interest in playing and has no sense of pleasure;
2. The cat loses energy, gets tired easily, loses energy, and likes to hide in hard-to-find places;
3. Some cats will stop combing their hair and look messy; some cats will over comb and cause skin inflammation;
4. The cat will suddenly become babble, and it sounds like a hissing whimper;
5. Cats have sleep disorders, often insomnia, sleeplessness, waking up early, etc.;
6. The cat’s appetite is significantly reduced, and the body weight is significantly reduced;
7. The cat will no longer be in heat.
Causes of depression in cats
1. Stress caused by major environmental changes such as moving or fostering;
2. The owner has very little time to accompany;
3. Due to the season, there is less sunlight in winter, which affects the levels of melatonin and serotonin in cats.
What to do with cat depression
1. Give it enough attention. The cat’s frustration may be due to your lack of attention. Make sure you give your cat all the love it needs to make it feel happy and safe.
2. Try phototherapy If your cat’s depression is related to seasonal changes, phototherapy may help suppress winter depression.
Buy a lamp that simulates ultraviolet light and turn it on in front of your cat for a few hours a day. This kind of light is generally used in the greenhouse to help cultivate plants, and it is very easy to buy.
3. Try to synthesize pheromone. It is recommended to use synthetic pheromones from major brands to encourage relaxation and well-being in cats.
4. Consider medication. Medications are generally considered the last resort to treat depression in cats, because the possible side effects can be very large.