How to train cats not to urinate anywhere.
Compared with training dogs to urinate, it is much more convenient to train cats not to urinate anywhere. As long as the cat is provided with a clean litter box, cleaned regularly, and trained, you can get a cat that can’t urinate anywhere . Of course, there will be some special circumstances in this, which cause the cat to suddenly stop going to the litter box.
Train your cat to use cat litter
Prepare a litter box for your pet cat. You can make it yourself or buy a special pet litter box in the market, and then place it in a corner of the family. You can put the cat in a special toilet prepared for him, pat his head and buttocks gently to tell him that this is the toilet, and then he will urinate in it. Of course, it is impossible for a cat to understand it for the first time, and it will not be so obedient to urinate in a litter box. In the pre-training period, the breeder should pay close attention to the cat’s urination and defecation behavior, when it is found that the cat is urinating and defecate. Put the cat in a fixed litter box to urinate. When the cat is convenient, the owner should not disturb, but should watch and wait quietly from a distance. It is believed that after a period of time, cats will develop the habit of urinating and defecate in a fixed litter box.
Train cats not to urinate anywhere
Although cats love to clean and can easily defecate in the potty through training, the potty needs to be cleaned frequently, the litter needs to be changed frequently, and the smell of cat feces is particularly unpleasant. Therefore, among urban residents, Train the cat on the size of the toilet bowl to get several results. Before training, place a plastic board or wooden board under the toilet seat, and spread an appropriate amount of sand, furnace ash, sawdust and other bedding on the plastic board or wooden board. When you find that the cat is going to defecate, take it to the toilet, and soon it will defecate. After the cat develops the habit of urinating on the plastic board or wooden board, gradually reduce the amount of plastic board. The cat will gradually develop the habit of standing on the toilet seat to urinate. At this time, the plastic board or wooden board can be removed.
How to train cats not to urinate anywhere
Cause cats to urinate and urinate everywhere
1. Diseases: Some diseases can cause frequent urination and defecation, which may cause cats to have such problem behaviors. These diseases include: colitis, enteritis, diabetes, hyperthyroidism, kidney or liver diseases, and cat lower urinary tract syndrome (FLUTD). Some diseases may cause pain when the cat urinates or defecate, or has difficulty getting in and out of the litter box, such as arthritis, cat lower urinary tract syndrome (FLUTD), anal cyst, blindness, etc. Treating these diseases can improve the cat’s problem behavior. In addition, using a flatter litter box and placing the litter box in the place.
2. Caused by stress: cats at any age may be affected by stress. Sources of stress include moving, sudden changes in regular life, changes in family members, etc. Reducing these sources of stress or reducing the impact of such changes on your cat is good for your cat or even yourself. For example, when you have to move, on the day of packing and moving, it is best to let the cat stay in a quieter place at home. After moving to a new home, let the cat stay in a quiet room, such as a bedroom. Put away its food, water, litter box, and its favorite bed or mat, spend more time with it in the room, feed it, clean the litter box, and then gradually familiarize it with other places in the new home.
3. The likes and dislikes of cat litter: cats of any age may not use the litter box because of their dislike of cat litter. For example, some cat litter is scented, or some cat litter is added with disinfectant but has potion. Cats may not like the smell of it. So you can try several kinds of cat litter to see if it is caused by this.
4. The location of the litter box: Some cats may not like the location of the litter box, such as food or drinking water that is too close to it, and the place where the family moves too frequently makes it feel that there is no privacy and it is easy to be caught by other cats. The place of the attack, etc. Please remember that the number of litter boxes should be more than the number of cats in the house.
5. Sanitary conditions: Some cats are very special, they don’t like to poop in the litter box they have urinated, and some cats do not need the litter box that other cats have used. In addition, just like we don’t like to go to dirty toilets, if the litter box is often left uncleaned, the cat may find another convenient location.
For kittens who have just taken home, develop good habits from the beginning, and cats also like to urinate in the litter box. If the adult cat suddenly dislikes the litter box, it must be caused by the owner. Note that maybe the cat is expressing a signal to you, and the owner should not blindly blame the cat, because this will only make the cat feel resentful.